Through the use of next generation TANALITH E wood preservative together with the quality timbers we use, their careful preparation for treatment and the use of incising technology, we offer a 15 Year Treat-Right Performance Warranty on the ETC INCISED range of fencing posts.
Covered is the cost of re-supply by ETC Sawmills, or the re-supply by ETC Sawmills (at our option), of a component that is proven to have failed as a result of fungal decay or insect attack. It does not cover the costs of removal or reinstatement of such components or consequential costs or loss due to failure of the component.
The term 'fungal decay' as used in the warranty refers to wood destroying fungi that feed on and degenerate the wood cell walls. It excludes staining and mould fungi associated with the weathering of wood.
The term 'insect attack' refers to attack by wood digesting insects that destroy the timber structure.
The term 'failed' refers to damage caused by insects and/or fungi to such an extent that the component is no longer fit for purpose.
This does not affect the statutory rights of consumers, or exclude or restrict the liability of ETC Sawmills Ltd for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- The warranty applies only to ETC INCISED timber posts that have been incised and then treated to Use Class 4 for use in ground contact situations - Use Class 4 (BS EN 335-1).
- Other ETC Sawmills out of ground fencing timber components, such as rails and boards, that have been treated to Use Class 3, should only be used for out of ground contact situations - Use Class 3 (BS EN 335-1).
- Should the ETC INCISED timber posts be cross cut, notched or bored during installation, then exposed surfaces are to be liberally brushed with ENSELE end grain wood preservative to the directions shown on the product label.
- Timber posts must not be pointed after treatment.
- The shortening of timber posts should be avoided, if possible. If shortened, the cut end must never be used in ground contact.
- Any ETC INCISED timber posts which are further processed, eg. planed, must be returned to A E Evans for re-treatment.
- Any ETC INCISED timber posts supplied for use outside of European markets.
- Any ETC INCISED timber posts removed from their original installation and re-used at a new location.